Applications AnalystFull-Time | Kenosha, WI
You: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for people and training.
Birchwood Foods: A thriving family owned and operated company, doing business from our Kenosha, WI facility since 1936. Eighty six years in business and now with four facilities in the U.S. – we have a passion for partnership; with our employees and our customers.
As part of our company’s information technology (IT) team, the Applications Analyst will assist Birchwood Foods associates in achieving their objectives through training, evaluating, designing, and developing applications solutions.
Essential Areas of Expectations:
Performs end user support/programming and training:
- Develop expertise in our business application program known as Canopy (E.R.P. system).
- Consult with other team members to create potential future enhancements to our current software solutions and work with the Director of IT to continue to build the foundation we have today.
- Perform user training with not only the suite of Microsoft programs, but also Canopy, etc. This training is a continuous effort to improve our end user effectiveness using our systems and tools.
- Support all Canopy related components, such as software modules and hardware equipment (scanners, industrial computers and peripherals).
- Investigate errors and diagnose problems to make recommendations.
- Develop custom reports to provide team members information for decision-making.
- Create, Modify, or Delete necessary user/group accounts as needed.
- Coordinate the repair of IT related equipment/devices.
- Perform software upgrades when necessary to provide the latest enhancements to our applications.
- Assist in managing the backup media rotation of all backups and inform either the System Analyst or Director of Information Technology of any issues that may arise with daily, weekly, or monthly backups.
- Assist in managing the assets of the corporation and log all assists in the backup application.
- Perform cabling as needed. This includes running data/telephony runs, making custom patch cables, and troubleshooting existing wiring.
- Modest travel to our Columbus, OH and Norcross, GA facilities when necessary.
- Other IT related duties as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- 3 years of experience in the Information Technology Field
- Working knowledge of Canopy application system, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact at the collaborate at all levels of business
- Functional knowledge with network topologies, network security, telephony, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft 2008 Server, Access and MS Office 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint and Tableau experience, a plus
CONTINUE TO APPLICATION