The Sanitation Supervisor position is an exciting opportunity for growth and advancement within the Birchwood Foods organization. Operating on third shift, you will supervise the sanitation crew as they disassemble equipment; clean and sanitize equipment; and reassemble equipment that is used during 1st and 2nd shift meat production runs daily.
• Assure proper staffing requirements are being met for departmental shifts
• Demonstrate and enforce all safety practices/policies
• Maintain the scheduling and facilitate the safety tool box chats with staff twice a month
• Conduct coaching sessions with staff as needed
• Prepare and present the department’s daily production report.
• Assure efficiencies are met and/or exceeded.
• Perform Supervisor’s Accident Investigation as needed
• Manage employee time records
• Responsible for supervisor’s upkeep of new hire training documentation and development
• Assure that all food quality standards are followed
• Verify HACCP and other documents as required by HACCP plan
• Assure that department is running as smooth as possible at all times and eliminate downtime
• Monitor GMP’s and enforcing policies of the company
- College Degree in Meat/Agriculture Science and/or equivalent experience in the food/meat/sanitation industry preferred
- Experience with the following is preferred: Meat Manufacturing Sanitation Processes, CIP Systems, Chemicals and Industrial Equipment Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Must have a passion for cleanliness, food safety and meat manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer