Shipping and Receiving Lead- 2nd shift
The Shipping & Receiving Lead is responsible for keeping records of all products shipped and received. Communicating with both internal and external partners to ensure production activities, product qualifications and deadlines are met.
- Assists with setting and overseeing work assignments, schedules, and work quality of the team.
- Schedules and coordinates work with the appropriate department staff so that projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identifies, acquires, and ensures the availability of materials and supplies.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers’ count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing officer per company policy.
- Coordinates orders for shipment.
- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Answers phones and generates computerized reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to traverse distribution warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse and on the loading dock.
Equal Opportunity Employer