Birchwood Transport is seeking a Dispatcher to join our team!
The Dispatcher will manage the daily operations, including taking orders, building shipments, dispatching trucks, negotiating rates, and handling customer questions and complaints. This person will also be involved in prospecting for new customers, carriers and maintaining positive customer and carrier relations. We are looking for a leader with positive energy and a self-starter yet be part of our team and have very strong analytic and problem solving skills. Must be extremely detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to handle sales calls, emails and type orders
- Review dispatch operations on a daily basis and implement changes as needed
- Generate new business opportunities through prospecting calls
- Effectively and confidently negotiate customer and carrier rates
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers and carriers
- Interpret documents such as freight contracts
- Ensure dispatch operations are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence and other records.
- Ensure all customers’ files are updated and current
- Assist in gathering data for driver evaluation and productivity
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask while maintaining close attention to detail
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Experience in refrigerated shipping or transportation industry preferred
- Strong computer/ Math skills (Microsoft proficiency required)
- Excellent organizational, administrative, problem solving, and analytical abilities
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications, including the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate customers and carriers
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and learn and grow with the job
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Any LTL freight experience highly desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer