Industrial Maintenance TechnicianFull-Time | Kenosha, WI , Columbus, OH , Norcross, GA
The Industrial Maintenance Technician monitors and maintains smooth plant operation, including production and packaging processes, support systems and facilities.
- Respond to production and facility needs (ie equipment breakdown, machine upgrades, and/or adjustments). Capable to troubleshoot and repair.
- Able to repair and troubleshoot all electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and power transmission components/equipment.
- Perform repairs on facility utility systems (i.e. hot water boilers, ammonia systems, electrical MCC)
- Perform preventative maintenance functions as scheduled.
- Capable of working independently on machine repairs
- Excellent communication skills with maintenance management and production management
- Work with CMMS system to record equipment parts usage/needs, PM completions, work orders and daily activities.
- Complete work orders as directed.
- Perform other tasks as directed.
- Capable of repairing/replacing copper, plastic or stainless steel piping
- Knowledge of electrical systems up to 480 Volt 3 phase.
- Capable of replacing switches, lights, and fixtures.
- Capable of troubleshooting motor control circuits, VFD programming and equipment control circuits (e-stops, photo eyes, prox sensors, safety circuits, and auxiliary contacts)
- Ability to run wiring, conduit, and make proper connections (polarity).
- Capable of welding tig/mig for repairs and light fabrication.
- Basic working knowledge of ammonia systems including ability to balance ammonia with pressure relieve valves and pressure regulators.
- Ability to diagnose system problems and relay information to maintenance management
Hydraulic / Pneumatic:
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic controls.
- Capable of identifying valve types and troubleshoot valve control failures.
Trouble Shooting Abilities:
- Ability to assess and repair equipment using OEM specification guides, schematics and pneumatics.
- Ability to diagnose equipment failures correctly and repair in a timely manner.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC rooftop unit
- 2 year technical degree and/or journeyman certification, or 5 years of manufacturing maintenance experience
- HACCP Training.
- Lockout / Tagout Training.
- GMP Training.
- Safety Training.
- Sanitation Training.
- Experience in Food/Beverage (preferred)
- Works well within a team environment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including overtime and weekends.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
Birchwood Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CONTINUE TO APPLICATION